5 Ways To Build A Website Without Being An IT Guru
In recent history, building a website was a heavy tech job that could only be executed by IT gurus. Presently, having an internet connection is the core necessity to launching a secure and efficient website. Business entrepreneurs, education professionals, and students alike realize the importance of having a website where applicable. Since Facebook and Instagram took over Myspace and Google became an essential life facet, everyone has realized the magnetic power of an online platform in this tech savvy generation. While there are IT skills men who still offer site building services, statistics indicate that people’s preferences are far flung from the idea of hiring one.
Five reasons to build a website without being an IT guru
- Drastically reduced costs of software development. There are plenty of free online website builders that cancel out the need for an IT professional. Additionally, a lot of these platforms also offer free hosting for small sites.
- Flexibility- One can easily access the site’s back end from any location and alter any areas of concern without the hustle of going through another transaction with an IT professional.
- A broad range of customization options- While hiring may prove to be worthwhile if the services are top notch, creating a site with a website builder allows one to have full access to the tools available and integrate them whenever and wherever possible.
- Offers one a cheap opportunity to study the visitor’s’ browsing habits before hiring a designer for an official site.
- A flexible time frame that allows one to launch a site in the shortest time possible, whereas a professional would take time to code and design.
What you need to set up a professional website
- A domain name – This is the site’s official address and is mostly available through the software builder’s website.
- A template design from the building software
- High-quality images
- Google analytics is a fundamental tool for serious businesses that monitor visitors on the page.
- A logo- Utilize one of the thousands of logo generators online to create a professional image.
- An email address- There are always email address packages in a software development website. In case it does not have one, Google’s user interface Google Suite, offers affordable email address packages.
- A host- A lot of software development platforms offer hosting packages that minimize worries for a user.
Picking out a website builder
There are perks and downsides to every website builder. WordPress is a favorite among first-time site owners for its simplicity and pool of customization options. It has plugins to serve every function available on a site, such as video viewing, form submission, and blogging.
Other builders that entrepreneurs rave about are the drag and drop king which relieve one of the stresses of coding just like WordPress. The upside of drag and drop builders is that they have extremely flexible themes useable by the least tech savvy person.
The highest ranked drag and drop platforms include:
- Shopify- It is suitable for eCommerce websites
How to launch and manage the website
There are fundamentally four hosting options.
- Free hosting available through the website development platform.
- Shared hosting where one server serves multiple websites.
- VPS hosting where the shared server has a bigger space for each site.
- Dedicated hosting, fit for big websites since the server is used by only one website.
After launching the site, integrate Google analytics to map out the visitors’ habits on the site and draft a course of action that will improve the overall performance.
Building a website without coding skills is a possibility that offers more than a few benefits. However, getting an IT degree can also increase the knowledge and skills necessary to build a high-quality website. It is beneficial to a new entrepreneur trying to determine the client’s’ preferences without breaking the bank. A website is an authoritative tool for students or entrepreneurs trying to reach a bigger population.